Sunday, August 8, 2010

Walt Disney World Vacation



This Summer Our Family was Lucky enough to take one Last Hurrah!! Vacation. Next Summer, Jessica will be getting ready for college, and moving away and we feel like this upcoming year will bring lots of changes as our family moves on to the next stage of life.
Ron had a convention at Walt Disney World in Florida and we got to join him. So Jessica, Courtney , Carly and I flew out to Florida & of Course getting there is half the fun!!
We flew into Orlando and then to the Disney Magical Express to
DISNEY WORLD
It was a week filled with Fun, Magic and lots of Memories.
We started our vacation with a relaxing day out to
TYPHOON LAGOON
Complete with a HUGE Wave Pool! DUUUUUUDE!

Then Back to the hotel to shower, get dressed up and head down to the Fantasia Ball Room for "Drinks & Dinner" Compliments of BRS Union.
Instead if hanging out with the boring Adults, Carly got to attend "Kids Night Out" in full Disney Fashion!
Complete with, dinner, an over flowing buffet including pizza, mickey nuggets, mac and cheese, & Ice cream Sundaes!
Face painting, miniture golf, Wii, Radio Disney Dance Party, Hands on Art projects, hula hoops, and TONS more..
We all agreed that we wish we could have hung out with Carly instead!!!
She had so much fun and said over and over again, "I'm so glad I got to go to Kids night out!"
After a 5 course meal, and a Comedy/Magician act, ( that of course the Teenagers bailed out on... I can't believe it was more fun running around the hotel, than hanging out with railroad people haha)
We headed back to our Room... Our hotel was part of the Magic Kingdom so every night we were lucky enough to see the Funtastic Summer Night Fireworks over the Castle! And they ARE FUNTASTIC!!!


AND that was just the FIRST day!!! It was a great way to start off a Wonderful Week!

2 comments:

Mandee Shaffer said...

I cried reading this. No joke. I miss you guys and it is so fantastic to see you blog again! I love you and I love your girls so much it's hard to imagine having kids of my own. I wish I could have been with you and i am so happy you guys had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

YAY -- you DID it!! LOVE THE UPDATE!! The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your awesome trip! Can't wait for more. Miss you all tons! Love you -- mom! :)